La Vegetariana Loca

Here are some random ramblings of a girl that will probably end up in an insane asylum sometime in her near future...Kookookachoo. She loves her Queen, she loves her Beatles and her Who and her Zeppy and her music in general. She loves her writing. She loves love. And she loves you. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

I am SO happy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
First things first: contrary to popular belief, I'm not dead. I just haven't been able to post in a long time because of my level of busy-ness. Let's just say that midterms are all sorts of joyous fun.

Anyways, I absolutely CANNOT believe what just happened. I just opened a Christmas gift early, and I think it's probably the most priceless, wonderful gift I have EVER received. About a month ago, my mom had tried very, very hard to win me some fairly valuable Queen memorabilia over eBay. Sadly, she didn't win any of the auctions, but she did get my name out there to this one British woman. My mom told her my story, about how I get straight A's, how my mom gave up a wonderful, well-paying career just to be with me (she now works with a newspaper company; money's always been tight), but especially about how I love Queen and Freddie Mercury with a strong passion, how I, even at the age of 14, support AIDS research, and that I would love to be the one to find the cure, or atleast help find the cure. The woman decided to send my mom a package for me, over the Atlantic, for no charge whatsoever. She didn't even charge for shipping. She told my mom to just tell me, "Merry Christmas" for her. Before I opened the package, I thought it was probably a second-hand 45 or something, which I would have appreciated and loved dearly, but what I got was so much more. At first, when I opened the package, a postcard or two fell out. Unmarked, with Freddie on them. I was in awe enough at that. Then, some old Queen stickers from the early- mid-1990's came out. "Cool," I thought. Without warning, a bunch of pictures plopped into my lap. Pictures of Freddie, pictures of Queen, and so on. There was even one from Live Aid. I picked up the picture from Live Aid, thinking it was a mini poster, and realized it was a little bit too glossy to be a poster, and a little too thick. I turned the picture over, and saw the paper that it was printed on. And almost peed my pants. Well, it turns out that that woman was a professional photographer, and she had sent me the actual photographs from Queen concerts that she had been to over the years. I about had a heart attack; it's still hard for me to breathe. So yeah, I thought I should share that with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
News Main Page

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.