La Vegetariana Loca

Here are some random ramblings of a girl that will probably end up in an insane asylum sometime in her near future...Kookookachoo. She loves her Queen, she loves her Beatles and her Who and her Zeppy and her music in general. She loves her writing. She loves love. And she loves you. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fabulous at 50, Dahling

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingFirst of all, I want to mention that this is this blog's 50th entry...YAY! I also want to say that I just got back from a chorus concert, and we were FABULOUS! It was my first concert, seeing as I just joined this year (yeah, but I sang 1st part soprano!!), but the feeling of being up there, singing, was just so gosh darn exhilerating! I also got to see my guitar teacher from last year, Mr. Ellis. He used to teach chorus, and I was scared to death that he wouldn't recognize me because I only had him for one quarter last year, but he saw me and says, "Hey! You made chorus! Right on!" and we did that thing were you punch each other's fists. I said, "You recognized me?" and he said, "Yeah, of course I recognize you! You were in my guitar class last year!" lol

I owe a LOT to him. I remember, when I first got my guitar, I was so excited; I had wanted to learn how to play for a long time. So I look at the chord diagram, put my fingers in the right places on the fret board, and strum. Clunk. Again. Clunk. Again. Clunk. So I go into guitar class about two years later, and say, "Mr. Ellis, I know I'm doing the chords right, but why does it clunk?" and he said, "You're not pressing down hard enough." I didn't really believe him, but then I did (man, it hurt) and sure enough, I played a perfect D. In that class, just a few weeks later, I played Hey Jude for my final, while other kids were playing You Are My Sunshine and Hush Little Baby. By that time, I also knew how to play Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) and Let it Be. I OWE SO MUCH TO MR. ELLIS! Even though those songs are really simple, it feels great to be able to pick up a guitar and actually be able to play something.

Yeah, I know it wasn't Queen related, but deal with it. It's my blog, so there. : P
Video of the Week is tomorrow! YAY! Remember to give me your requests. I will probably play it next week, since I've already been "booked" for this week.

Well, that's it. LOVE YA ALL! Gotta go do my stupid homework...*pouts*

1 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! Like it's Caitlin! I MISS MR. ELLIS!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
News Main Page

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.