La Vegetariana Loca

Here are some random ramblings of a girl that will probably end up in an insane asylum sometime in her near future...Kookookachoo. She loves her Queen, she loves her Beatles and her Who and her Zeppy and her music in general. She loves her writing. She loves love. And she loves you. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Pete Townshend

Pete Townshend
First, go watch this:

...Or atleast just listen to the song. ^_^

That is by Pete Townshend. Since I've heard of Pete, I've admired him as a songwriter, but mainly just knew that he was the guitarist of The Who, one of my favorite bands in the history of EVER, along with The Beatles and Led Zeppelin. (Queen is in its own category above all else. Kookookachoo...Haven't said that in a while.XD I am SO the walrus.) But recently, I've been realizing what a genius Pete is. Before, I hadn't paid him very much notice: I was too busy being loony over Moonie and admiring the scenery that is Roger Daltrey. I thought before that Pete was a good guitarist, but not my favorite: I started listening to his licks more closely recently, and I've never heard anything like it before. Not to mention, as a songwriter, he is absolute and utter genius. I had thought that before, but I guess I never really appreciated it. Tommy is, on the outside, campy and corny, but if you think about it for just about two seconds, there is so much more to it than the outside plot. (If you're like me and you're watching the movie, you might want to close your eyes whilst trying to find deeper meaning: Daltrey, especially in the scenes where he has no shirt, can prove to be quite distracting. *cough*) He comes up with concepts that nobody else understands, aka Lifehouse, and I would love to sit and pick his brain over sometime, just to try and even get an inkling of what goes on in his head. He's brilliant. He really is.

Yes. I am a fan.

Besides, if you could find someone what can destroy as many guitars as he has, I will pay you to tell me who that someone is.

So, yep. I like Pete Townshend. A lot.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool video and song....but stay away from Daltry boy or else! I might make a movie with a similar scene! Hah! *blushes*

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger ForLackOfABetterWord said…

    You cheeky, cheeky boy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
News Main Page

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.