La Vegetariana Loca

Here are some random ramblings of a girl that will probably end up in an insane asylum sometime in her near future...Kookookachoo. She loves her Queen, she loves her Beatles and her Who and her Zeppy and her music in general. She loves her writing. She loves love. And she loves you. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Meditation

Photobucket
(Moonie = <3)
I used to meditate all the time: at one point, I got it down to such a science that I could "go zen," as I called it, in a crowded, busy, loud room. I've never really followed any specific method of meditation: I just did whatever felt right to me.

But, nearly two years ago, I had an experience that freaked me out: I was focusing on a candle, and the walls looked like they were moving. Bit of a long story.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give it another go. I just meditated for about ten minutes, and I feel more content, more peaceful, more calm than I have for ages. I wish I could have done it longer, but I have to study for finals (I really shouldn't be blogging right now).

At first I wondered how to go about it. I laid down, palms up, in silence. My head wouldn't shut up. I tried a mantra. Didn't work. Tried listening to a steady beat, trying to regulate my heart rate to match my clock. Really didn't work. But I turned on the radio, and back to back, Bohemian Rhapsody then Pinball Wizard came on. About five minutes in, I felt heavy, leadened all over. Not painfully so, but almost as if I wasn't able to move. Then, the heaviness lessened. I didn't feel light, just normal. After Pinball Wizard, I had to go, and when I tried to get up, it was a little difficult: not sure why. It was a bit sluggish: I didn't "pull myself out" all at once.

So, do you have any methods for meditation? I'm especially interested in the more Hindu based methods (no, I'm not Hindu, I'm just *interested.* There's a difference.) I dunno...Music seems to work the best for me. I love it when I can get so lost in a song that it's all there is. I sound a bit stoned, don't I?

Anyway, I gotta go. Wish me luck on my midterms.

Love, Grey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
News Main Page

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.