La Vegetariana Loca

Here are some random ramblings of a girl that will probably end up in an insane asylum sometime in her near future...Kookookachoo. She loves her Queen, she loves her Beatles and her Who and her Zeppy and her music in general. She loves her writing. She loves love. And she loves you. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Stop the Injustice

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I know I usually write entries filled with all of the giddy details of my everyday life. Entry after entry, month after month filled with lol's, jk's, and the like. And I'm generally a happy person. I look on the bright side of things, I almost never get angry, and heck, I love everybody. But right now I AM SERIOUSLY TICKED OFF. This has been in my head for a while, but now it's bugging me really bad, so I'm going to rant.

WHAT IS UP WITH PEOPLE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST GAYS?! IT'S NOT RIGHT. I'm a Christian, and yes, I believe that homosexuality is wrong, but so is discrimination against humankind, and when I see so-called Christians going around calling people "fag" "homo" "dyke" "queer" or even say that God hates gays, it shoots this pacifist's blood pressure through the roof. In the Bible, Romans 3:23 to be exact, it says, "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." It doesn't say "all homosexuals," it says ALL. THAT MEANS YOU. Everybody has screwed up. And don't you dare feed me that, "But I'm a good person!" crock! Even I, and I'm not bragging here, have messed up. I'm the type that memorizes Bible verses, prays constantly, and tries my very hardest to lead a good, clean life serving others. But even just today I have sinned so many times, whether it was a disrespectful thought towards my parents or a bit of lust towards somebody. Also, in the Bible, Jesus says, "he who has not sinned, cast the first stone." In other words, the only people that can judge others are the perfect, and nobody's perfect! Nobody except Christ, and did He ever go around calling people "fag" or "queer?" ABSOLUTELY NOT!

And besides, some of the my favorite people in the world are gay. For example, my cousin, Seth, who is a lot like a brother to me, is quite gay. Yes, I pray every night that he will turn from his homosexuality, but in the same breath I also pray that this injustice, this prejudice against gays, WILL STOP. Freddie Mercury was gay, and look at how much I love him! Elton John is gay, and when I stop and think of all he's doing for finding a cure for AIDS, I feel my jaw drop to the floor.

The people that are so hateful toward gays are just stupid. Idiots. Blind idiots. Blinded by hate. I don't get it: Why do people hate anyway? I don't hate anybody. And it's not like I was brain washed this way or conditioned this way or anything like that. I used to hate this one girl, but then I realised how dumb it was, how dumb it was making me, so I stopped. I didn't repeat "I won't hate. I won't hate. I won't hate," over and over again like a mantra, I didn't do anything difficult, I just stopped. Well, it did take a lot of prayer. But with God's help, I did it, and I can honestly say that I hate no one.

And as for the so-called "Christians" that put gays down, I have this to say: Have you ever heard of the Great Commision, where we, as children of God, are supposed to witness to people so they, too, will know Christ's grace and be saved? Well, when you're going around making fun of people, being so hateful, and then say, "Yes, I'm a Christian! I love Jesus!" what makes you think that they are going to want even a little piece of what God has to offer??

And when I think of all the gay people out there that are such talented, wonderful people, I can't help but think, "They don't deserve to be made fun of." Their lives are made so much harder because of discrimination. It's not like they woke up one day and said, "Oh, I think I'll be gay today because it's sexy!" or something dumb and shallow like that. Chances are, it's a very difficult part of their lives that they have to deal with. The last thing we need to do is add to their problems.

Personally, I love gays. I think gay guys are adorable. I really hope that, when I'm old enough to move out of my parents' house, I can find one as a roommate. Or at least a fashion advisor, because I have absolutely NO sense of fashion.

Well, that's it for my rant for now...love you all.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i completely agree!
    the ah-mazing pics u have are completely filling up my hard drive
    the picture of brian without the 'fro nearly murdered me! how??yes, i am also a queen stalker - they came to the arena a few months ago and if id had the money i could have gone :( though i don't think it would have been that good as i'd probably have had a heart attack in the middle of the gig or thrown up or something equally as... interesting (*now has sheer heart attack going round in her head...*)
    i have now promised myself that i will earn enough money to go see them as soon as they go on tour again even if i have to walk everywhere for six months XD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
News Main Page

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.