La Vegetariana Loca

Here are some random ramblings of a girl that will probably end up in an insane asylum sometime in her near future...Kookookachoo. She loves her Queen, she loves her Beatles and her Who and her Zeppy and her music in general. She loves her writing. She loves love. And she loves you. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Friday, September 28, 2007

>_<

Yeah, I've come to a weird sort of realization. And bear with me: it's late, so this might sound sort of odd. Earlier, I was wondering why I've never had a boyfriend (unless you count the two I had in pre-K and the one I had over the summer two years ago that lasted for, literally, a day). I've been asked out before, I know that certain guys like me, but, for the most part, I remain uninterested. Why, you ask? Well, I've basically organized the guys I'm around from a day-to-day basis thus:

FRIENDS
The guys I would never imagine dating because they're my friends. I'm scared of losing their friendship if something were to go awry in the relationship, and, for the most part, I'm just not interested; it would feel like incest. That's how close I am with most of my friends.

YUCKIES
Not enemies, per se, but yuckies. These are the jerks, the guys I avoid, usually because they are WAY perverted, disgusting, unoriginal, close-minded, shallow, etc.

BETTER-THAN-THOUS
Most of the guys I think are attractive are in this group. Most of them are older than I am, and they have no idea that I exist. It's not that they think they're better than me, it's that sometimes I feel like that's how they feel.

Almost every guy I know falls into one of those categories. Alright, after that, I have my expectations:

He has to be:
-nice (atleast to me and my friends)
-generally happy (but not freakishly so)
-looks good (as in, takes care of himself. Clothes are clean, hair is washed, etc. I'm not asking for Brad Pitt.)
-have an appreciation for music
-understanding of me (not necessarily completely weird, but won't look at me like I'm a freak...Trust me, this type of guy is few and far between.)
-Christian (or atleast not put down my Christian beliefs)
-doesn't pressure me into anything
-able to carry on intelligent conversation
-makes me feel good about myself, not stupid or inferior
-reasonably creative

Okay, so that's what he HAS to be. This is what I'd like him to be:

-British. Sorry, but I have a thing for the British. (Don't go calling me un-American! There are some good Americans, too!)
-cute (to me: not a hard accomplishment. I think Ringo Starr is cute in his own way, if that answers anyting.)
-Funny! I have issues, and humor makes me feel better! :)
-a musician! I love musicians!
-Weird, like me.
-Needs me just a little.
-likes the music I do
-puts up with my rants

And that's all I can come up with for now. So...yeah. My expectations are a wee bit high. XD A bit. I just haven't found the right guy yet...but hey, I'm only 15. I've got plenty of time. It just sort of annoys me when my friends are going on about their boyfriends:

"Oh my gosh, he held my hand and was being so sweet!"
"Isn't he adorable?"
And so on. I feel happy for them, proud that they have someone, but a teensy part of me is sort of mad at myself that I haven't been able to do the same. :P

Anywho, I'm signing off now. Night, loves. (Abrupt, I know.)

2 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I demaaaaand you start putting people into categories! XD
    ~Danny

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger ForLackOfABetterWord said…

    Don't worry, Danny. You're not really in a category. You are your own category, man! XD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
News Main Page

This webpage uses Javascript to display some content.

Please enable Javascript in your browser and reload this page.